Register Your Business

Hildebrand Farms Dairy | Junction City, KS

Register Your Business

The first step to starting a business is to register it with the Secretary of State. To register a business, the following information is needed:

· Business Name and Address

· Business Structure

· Resident Agent Name and Address

How to File:

Online: Corporations, LLCs and LPs may register online with the Secretary of State.

Once the online registration is complete, a certified copy of the business formation document that was filed with the Secretary of State can be printed. The business filing is effective immediately.

Paper: Other business structures, LLPs, and General Partnerships may file by paper. A paper form for all business filings is available here.

Mail or deliver paper registrations to the Secretary of State at:
Office of the Secretary of State
Memorial Hall, 1st Floor
120 S.W. 10th Avenue
Topeka, KS 66612

Once the paper registration is received and filed by the Secretary of State, a certified copy of the registration is sent to the address provided. Please allow 2-3 days to receive the certified copy.

NOTE: Sole proprietorships are not required to register with the Secretary of State.

Kansas Employer Requirements

Learn about Kansas Unemployment Insurance and Workers Compensation requirements.

Federal Employer Requirements

Learn about social security taxes, self-employment tax, income tax withholding, and Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA) requirements.

Licenses and Permits

Find a License or Permit here


NetWork Kansas offers a state-wide resource referral service that connects entrepreneurs with expertise, education and economic resources throughout the state. A referral coordinator will conduct research on the client’s behalf and connect them to the correct professional that can address the entrepreneurs need. This is a free service. If you have questions about the information above, please contact our referral center. 

Chat online with a referral coordinator during business hours or call (877) 521-8600 or e-mail