Obtain Licenses and Permits

Hildebrand Farms Dairy | Junction City, KS

Common Business Licenses and Permits

State and local governments require many industries to have permits or licenses to operate. A business owner,  or the professionals the business hires, also may need individual occupational or professional licenses.  Click here to see the list of common businesses or occupations that require registration/licensing/permits with specific agencies/commissions.

Businesses should also check with the county and local government where they are doing business to determine any local permitting, filing, and reporting requirements.

Research Licenses and Permits

County Websites
City and County Contact Information
Kansas Cities on the Web

After successfully registering for the required licenses and permits necessary to operate a business, it is recommended you keep a record of when the licenses and permits need renewed. Many state agencies allow licenses, permits and filings to be submitted or renewed online.