Funding & Incentives
Monroe 816 | Garnett, KS
There are a number of resources available for Kansas businesses looking to grow.
- Overview of Business Incentives Programs
- Additional Information about Kansas Business Incentives Programs
- Assistance in obtaining funding for your business project
Network Kansas is available statewide and enables entrepreneurs and small business owners to connect with 500+ NetWork Kansas partners throughout the state.
Chat live, call or e-mail their staff of trained referral coordinators for free, personal assistance. A real, live person will discuss your query and guide you to the right resource or resources to help. The referral center is staffed Monday – Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm. Call (877) 521-8600 or e-mail email@example.com.
For information about other business incentives programs please visit these resources:
- From the Land of Kansas is the state’s trademark program designed to promote and celebrate agricultural experiences and products grown, raised or produced in Kansas. There are a wide array of benefits to joining the state trademark program. Your business can identify itself as a Kansas company, network with other Kansas business owners, as well as gain access to the benefits on a first come, first served basis. Membership opens annually in January. A business can apply for membership at any time, but will only have access to remaining benefits still open after the annual January enrollment.
From the Land of Kansas also supports the Kansas Farmers’ Market Promotion Act through central market registration and provides advocacy, education and promotion for vendors and market managers across the state. These programs are housed within the Kansas Department of Agriculture.
- Kansas Angels Tax Credit
This program enables accredited angel investors to qualify for the tax credit, and allows companies to become certified under the guidelines of the program. (from Kansas Department of Commerce)
- Rural Opportunity Zones
Rural Opportunity Zones are 77 Kansas counties that have been authorized to offer one or both of the following financial incentives to new full-time residents: Kansas income tax waivers for up to five years and/or Student loan repayments up to $15,000. (from Kansas Department of Commerce)
- Rural Development Loan Assistance
Summarizes the rural development loan offerings and other types of business assistance offered by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
- Agricultural grant and cost-share programs
Information on various programs, such as the Organic Cost Share program, coordinated through the Kansas Department of Agriculture.
- Small Business Administration Microloans
The Microloan program provides loans up to $50,000 to help small businesses and certain not-for-profit childcare centers start up and expand. (from the federal Small Business Administration)